Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tornado Riders


Okay so to start off I decided to write about a band that I saw live last week when I was in San Francisco.  My friend Daniel and I decided to check out this little Jazz club that we walked past earlier that day it was called The Boom Boom Room.  The band playing there was called The Tornado Riders.  These guys were absolutely insane, and i don't mean like crazy good or anything i mean that they were mentally insane.  The lead singer kept saying things that made absolutely no sense whatsoever but it was quite entertaining.  The band consisted of the lead singer slash cello player, a bassist and a drummer.  The lead singer played the cello like no one that i had ever seen, he melted my face with some of the crazy cello solos that he did.  When you listen to their music you would think that the cello is just an electric guitar but its not. I owe these guys a shout out because they played for over 3 hours and kept me entertained the whole time.  If anyone ever gets the chance to see these guys live dont miss out on it.  You can go to http://www.myspace.com/tornadoriderband and check out how awesome these guys are and you can download a couple of their demos songs.  My personal favorite is Im a Falcon, because at the show the guy made everyone in the crowd wave their arms like they were flying the whole song.  As I said CRAZY!


2 comments:

Courtney's Corner of the World said...

Hahahaaaa. Nice! I really used to be into music and whatnot... not so much anymore, more due to having no time to go and see or wanting to spend money... Keep us updated on new music you discover. My favorite band of all time is Belle and Sebastian. I've been obsessed with them since highschool and have seen them several time... they make the "perfect band" in that they have everything from horns, piano, strings, electric stuff... they're a great mix of EVERYTHING and every album sounds different... check em out!
Oh and how do you know Alejandra Cardenas? She was my trainer in LA while I waited for my visa... cool chica!

Jamie Lynn said...

YEA! Now I can try and stay up on what is sort of cool. Keep me young Mikey. I love you.